Apparently, this is the little story that could.
I’m very excited to announce that “The Box Wife” which originally appeared in Shock Totem issue #9 will also be included in the Year’s Best Australian Fantasy and Horror 2014!
The full TOC is as follows:
- “Shadows of the Lonely Dead” by Alan Baxter [Suspended in Dusk]
- “The Changeling” by James Bradley [Fearsome Magics]
- “Soul Partner” by Imogen Cassidy [Aurealis 74]
- “The Bullet & The Flesh” by David Conyers & David Kernot [World War Cthulhu]
- “The Corpse Rose” by Terry Dowling [Nightmare Carnival]
- “The Oud” by Thoraiya Dyer [Long Hidden Anthology]
- “Metempsychosis” by Jason Franks [SQ Magazine]
- “Of Gold and Dust” by Michelle Goldsmith [Andromeda Spaceways Inflight Magazine 60]
- “1884” by Michael Grey [Cthulhu Lives: An Eldrich Tribute to H.P.Lovecraft]
- “Escapement” by Stephanie Gunn [Kisses by Clockwork]
- “Vox” by Lisa L. Hannett & Angela Slatter [The Female Factory]
- “Of The Colour Tumeric, Climbing on Fingertips” by Gerry Huntman [Night Terrors III]
- “Dolls for Another Day” by Rick Kennett [The Ghosts & Scholars Book of Shadows: Vol 2]
- “Chiaroscuro” by Charlotte Kieft [Disquiet]
- “Kneaded” by SG Larner [Phantazein]
- “Yard” by Claire McKenna [Use Only As Directed]
- “A Prayer for Lazarus” by Andrew J. McKiernan [Last Year, When We Were Young]
- “Signature” by Faith Mudge [Kaleidoscope: Diverse YA Science Fi]
- “The Preservation Society” by Jason Nahrung [Dimension6]
- “The Box Wife” by Emma Osborne [Shock Totem: Curious Tales of the Macabre & Twisted #9]
- “Shedding Skin” by Angela Rega [Crossed Genres]
- “The Love Letters of Swans” by Tansy Rayner Roberts [Phantazein]
- “The Badger Bride” by Angela Slatter [Strange Tales IV]
- “New Chronicles of Andras Thorn” by Cat Sparks [Dimension6 Annual Collection 2014]
- “The Walking-stick Forest” by Anna Tambour [Tor.com]
- “Necromancy” by Kyla Ward [Spectral Realms #1]
- “Bridge of Sighs” by Kaaron Warren [Fearful Symmetries: An Anthology of Horror]
- “Lady of the Swamp” by Janeen Webb [Death at the Blue Elephant]
I’m thrilled to be included in such a great issue. If you’re inclined to do so, you can preorder the issue at Indiebooksonline.
“The Box Wife” is also slated to appear in PseudoPod in the near future.